Looking to work or study in the UK?! If you have already registered, exam venue, time and oral exam details are announced on our website four days prior to your exam date, at 18.00. You can access the venue and time details of both your written and oral exams through this link .
What is IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)?
You may need a UK Visa if you want to study or work in the UK, and you must demonstrate your ability to speak English through a Secure English Language Test (SELT), such as IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training).
Is there a difference in test format between IELTS and IELTS for UKVI?
The format, content, scoring, and level of difficulty of IELTS are the same for both IELTS for UKVI and IELTS for IELTS for IELTS. There is a slight difference between the Test Report Form which contains your results and the ones which show that the test was taken at an official IELTS for UKVI venue, approved by the UK Home Office.
Which test format should I take?
It is important that you check with your university/college/school whether you need a specific test before registering.
In order to become a student at a higher education institution that is a Tier 4 Sponsor and to start a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree immediately, you must meet the institution’s English language requirements. In addition to IELTS Academic results, all British universities and colleges accept IELTS Academic scores. You may not need to take the IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test.
Before booking the test, please check with the organizations you are applying to which test format you need.
We offer IELTS for UKVI in Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir and Adana in Turkey
|IELTS for UKVI (Academic)||Take this test if the university or organisation you are applying to has requested that you take the IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test.||2,815 TL|
|IELTS for UKVI (General Training)||Take this test if you want to migrate to the UK or want to train or study below degree level.||2,815 TL|
|IELTS Life Skills A1||Take this test if you need to prove your English Speaking and Listening skills as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration for ‘family of a settled person’ visas.||2,200 TL|
|IELTS Life Skills B1||Take this test if you need to prove your English Speaking and Listening skills as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration for indefinite leave to remain or citizenship.||2,200 TL|
What does the fee include?
Taking IELTS for UKVI with the British Council
In addition to IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training) tests, IELTS for Life Skills tests are also available, administered at UKVI-approved test centers. In collaboration with the British Council Venues around the world are approved by UKVI.
Special arrangements for your test
In cases of visual, hearing, speaking, and learning difficulties, we have official IELTS test centers that can assist you. It would be helpful if you could notify the test center three months in advance if you need a modified version of IELTS.
Six weeks’ notice is required if special arrangements need to be made (for example, extra time).
Regardless of whether you have a disability or special needs, your English language ability will be assessed objectively.
What do special arrangements include?
- lip-reading version of the Listening test
- special Listening CD with necessary stops and pauses
- braille papers
- enlarged print or Speaking task cards in Braille.
What sort of help can I get?
We can provide the following services to people with visual impairments:
- Braille test papers
- enlarged print
- an amanuensis to write the answers for you.
In the event that you have hearing difficulties, we can provide the following services:
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module.
- special amplification equipment
Dyslexics can take advantage of the following services:
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests.
IELTS for UKVI: cancellations and transfers policy for test takers
Your test center will inform you if you need to cancel your IELTS test registration before you take the test. If you cancel and exceptional circumstances apply, you will be able to get a refund.
You can cancel your UKVI or Life Skills test by downloading our Refund Request form and completing it. You should send it to email@example.com via email. It is important that you sign the document. You can download this document below.
Time to test date
1.1. More than 14 days before the test:
A 75% refund of the total test fee will be given if you cancel your IELTS registration over 14 days before the test date.
1.2. Within 14 days but more than two days before the test:
You will receive a 50% refund of the total test fee if you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than two days before the test.
1.3. Within two days of the test:
Within two days of the test, you can cancel your registration for an IELTS test and receive a 25% refund.
1.4. On the test day or after the test:
No refunds will be given if you cancel your IELTS test registration on the day of the test or afterward.
2. Test taker exceptions
In the event that you were unable to attend the test, you can request an extension of time to create an exceptional circumstance. You will receive a response within seven working days after you have written your case to your test center. An exceptional circumstance assessment will be conducted by your test center.
It is essential that any request for exceptional circumstances and supporting evidence be received by your test center no later than five working days after the scheduled test date.
A full refund, less an administration fee of up to 25%, will be issued if your test center approves your case.
Your case will be reviewed if your test center does not approve it. If the test center rejects the request, then subsection 1 is applicable.
A set of exceptional circumstances is defined as follows:
- Evidence of bereavement, trauma or other forms of significant hardship
- Serious medical conditions which prevent you from attending or performing normally on test day; such conditions require supporting evidence of a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner
- Military service
3. Test centre exceptions
We may have to cancel your test under certain circumstances outside of our control. Natural disasters, civil unrest, extreme weather conditions, and industrial action are some examples of these circumstances.
You will be provided with at least 72 hours notice in this situation, and may choose between:
- A transfer to a future test date convenient to you, or,
- A full refund
In the event that your test center cancels a test due to factors within its control, you would likely be eligible to receive a refund or a transfer to another test date, as well as compensation for expenses incurred. Whether a claim is reasonable or not will be determined by the test center, and any compensation will be awarded according to these conditions:
- If a decision to cancel was made outside the control of the test center, the center would assess why the decision was made.
- Travel and accommodation expenses will be the only types of compensation awarded, and they include:
– incurred directly because you planned your attendance on test day,
– Supported by a payment receipt(s),
– Confirmation that cancellation charges for travel and/or accommodations cannot be recouped from the vendor,
– compared with the lowest reasonable market rates for the expenses involved (done by the test center).
- Traveling to a different test location than your normal place of residence will prevent the test center from finding a reasonable claim.
4.1. More than 14 days before the test:
During the 14 days prior to the test, you may change your test date.
In most cases, within three months of your original test date, you must select a new test date. Transfers after three months are treated as cancellations if they are more than three months away from the date of your original test.
Transferring the same booking is not possible more than once.
There is a possibility that your test center may charge you up to 25 percent of the total test fee as an administration fee.
4.2. Within 14 days of the test:
In the 14 days following the test, any transfer requests will be considered canceled. Refer to section A for more information. This policy can be canceled This document explains.
- Your test center is responsible for issuing refunds and organizing transfers.
- This section is under A. It is the responsibility of the test center to make decisions regarding a testing taker’s claim for exceptional circumstances.
- This section is under section A. A test center decides eligibility and compensation amounts, as well as whether an award should be made.
- IELTS test takers may have better cancellation and transfer rights under local consumer protection laws in the country in which they have registered to take the test than those set forth above.
Looking to work or study in the UK?